Sunday, July 20, 2008

Broken, finally

Two days ago, my sewing machine (a Sticthmaster Zig Zag Deluxe) finally conked out on me. It appears to be a problem with the tension. I diagnosed the problem by looking to the decades-old manual that told me the upper thread tension was too tight. It was on 1 - it could not go any lower, so I carefully took apart the offending parts of the machine, and it appeared that an inside screw was slightly bent. I remedied that problem, but to no avail with the tension situation.

Luckily I bought a hand-held sewing machine in Eagle River on vacation this year, and I suspect that might do the trick for all the cards I need to finish quilting. Since telling people I am selling my cards at Wolfbait, people seem to be coming out of the woodwork expressing interest, but I have no more finished cards! Hopefully I can remedy this soon. Hopefully I can also remedy the problem of a real sewing machine - more on this in the coming weeks.

No comments: