Friday, July 25, 2008

Chicago Style

So, this is how we do it Chicago style. I present my Chicago Flag Quilt:


I finished this quilt a few weeks ago for my sister's boyfriend. We worked together to come up with the Chicago flag idea. He also requested that I put a pocket on the back, so there is indeed a pocket!
Here are some Chicago style carrots that came from the garden this weekend:


And finally, here is the project I completed today, using the TipNut tutorial for how to print on fabric. I am thinking of also using this method for quilt labels, although it seems a little impersonal, however fancy and time saving it may be.

Projects in the works: installing a light over the kitchen table tomorrow morning at 7:30 am, acquiring buttons for a new brooch project, fixing a dress that became too trendy, and getting 4 AA batteries for my hand-held sewing machine. Maybe writing these here will keep me on track...

2 comments:

Alissa said...

Did you do the old iron the Freezer paper to the fabric and run it through the printer trick? My mom did a really awesome art piece doing that, window images on silk sewn together and when displayed in the light they are transparent. Was in a show in Oregon. Anyhow, I like your cards (if that is the right word).

I quite like the "fixing the dress that became too trendy" project, would love to see images of that.

My apron came home when I packed up my studio at VCU last week, it will move on the new space.

Kelly said...

Yes, I ironed the freezer paper to the fabric and then put it through the printer. I was making tags for my sets of quilted cards, but I am looking forward to trying this for other projects too.

Pictures of the dress shall be forthcoming.