Saturday, April 11, 2009

Of Marmalade Quilts and Rainbow Cakes

It has been suggested that this quilt top is reminiscent of marmalade. I think it is a fitting description. I based this on a pattern I think was called "Bento Box," although my lines are nowhere as crisp and perfect as the quilt I was using as inspiration. But I like it a little askew, like life. Here's a little preview:

Also, I will be making this rainbow cake today, found at the awesome food blog, Omnomicon. How freaking sweet does this thing look??? I'll let you know how it turns out. (Oh, and I'm definitely making the full fat version, none of this diet cake for me!)

1 comment:

Alissa said...

I so want that cake to be my birthday cake. I am going to have to start doing nice things for Jake...so he will make it for me!