Monday, December 22, 2008

New Tools!

Here is the long awaited picture of my new sewing machine (Singer Confidence Quilter), purchased about a month ago. I got a crazy deal on it at JoAnn Fabrics. The sale price tags were still on the machine even though the sale had ended 2 days before, so the saleslady honored the sale price. Apparently JoAnn doesn't usually keep the machines in stock, but instead they order it to the store after you pay for it...however, I got the last one they had on hand! I rock!

I couldn't be happier with the new machine. I had been agonizing over getting a new machine and picking out what kind I wanted for the past 6 months or so, and it was so frustrating. I was looking for a machine with a wide opening and only needed one that did straight and zig-zag. Apparently this seemingly simple machine is a thing of the days of yore (as is now my Stitchmaster Zig Zag Deluxe machine). I now have 99 stitch types, and an extension table that came with the machine - you can see it attached on the left of the picture.

Now I cannot wait to get my sewing table to I have more of a flat surface to work with! Whew! Feel free to ask me any questions about the machine, because I love talking about it! Here is also another link to information about the machine, because the Singer Confidence Quilter site (link above) is sorely lacking in information.
Lastly, I needed a new pincushion, so I made one this morning from the Heather Bailey tutorial found here. It is so cute, but unfortunately I think I need something a little more substantial - perhaps I should use a heavier weight stuffing or more of it next time!

No comments: